Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just A Lil' Bit

What's up people? I know its been a minute but a sista has been biz-zee! My only free evening is every other Tuesday and its been making it a little difficult to keep folks updated on the happenings of TLA. No apologies, but you know how it is.

During this brief hiatus I have been on my usual grind. Between the day gig, pitching pieces to mags, networking, working at the station, and squeezing in time with the fam, its been hectic. No worries though because you have my word I'll be back on TLA Writes with my usual, the new, and anything else pronto.

In the meantime, let me leave you with this. I love my fam. I've got plenty of love for my friends too. But right about now, its all about my family and this hustle. Its all about trying to do what I've set out to do--be the ultimate media hustler. This hustle means I have limited time for my usual activities like calling folks, visiting, and updating people personally on the day to day happenings of TLA. I've said this a million times before, but some recent situations have led me to repeat myself. Out of sight is never out of mind for me. Let me repeat. Out of sight is NEVER out of mind for me. Once you are in with me, you are in for life. It could be two days or two years and I always feel like the people who are down with me can pick up the phone and we can talk as we always have in the past. I definitely invite that too. Pick up my slack. Give me a call if I cross your mind. If I don't get back asap, don't take it personally and chalk it up to the grind. Its that simple.

One thing I've recognized is that not everyone is going to understand, or care to understand, what it is I'm trying to do right now. I also know that being understanding isn't everyones forte. Cool. I may lose some friends during this time and I can deal with that too. Just know that I ain't mad at anyone. Why bother with that when I can focus my energies on things that I know will benefit me and mine? I've got enough on my plate. Those that are down with TLA while I'm in hustle mode will remain. Those that aren't I won't fret. Of course I'll miss them, but when you are into letting things flow, its hard to go against the natural progression of things. That whole reason and season saying is in full effect right now.

Personal shout outs to my fam, my sis Aleana, Word S. Bond, George, Kish, and Reg for simply being you. Its most appreciated.

Until next time be easy.

PEACE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! As one who watched you embrace the written word over the years, it is heartening to see that you have walked into the light and on that path....When you are passionate, the rest will come. As a sista running for Public office, I lost a few friends I thought were close to me but I got through it with mentoring and faith. That green glob called Jealousy is prevalent too when one hits their stride but this sista will be here always for you and when you come up for air be it next week or five years from now, I will be there when you are hosting some bad A party!!Much love,
Island DVA

loverton said...

Keep on keeping on girl. You're like Carmen Sandiego to me; I look forward to hearing about your adventures as a media hustler!

supasistah said...

Tee..you know all is all good. We always have these ebbs and flows of communication but even I know we always seem to link back up when the time is right. Leave it to me to not know my password but I read your blog everytime! I was just to lazy to go see about figuring out my account so I made a new one!! Supasistah is me :)I had to get that together so I could finally comment. I'm glad to see you are moving and working and getting it done for you and your family. Love ya much...supa…shelly

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah, whatever. dont actions speak more than words. :). you know da boy got jokes. but man these excuses and this proactive engagemnet of critics and friends is just sooooo mussshy. whats the value in it? we do what we do (PERIOD) HOLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA