Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chase a Dream, Catch a Dream

Whats good?! These two simple words are something people throw out to gage how well you are doing and living. The beauty of the question is that if you asked 100 different people, you'd probably get 100 different answers. Whats good with you, might not be good with for me. And vice versa for that matter. Everyone defines their own version of whats good. Material things can be good. Money can definitely be good. Hmph, even a hot meal can be whats good depending on the day.

Whats good with me you wonder? So many things, but if you really want a direct answer, dream fulfillment comes to the front of my third eye right now. Through my work as a writer, I get the pleasure of meeting so many different people that are living their dreams in their chosen fields. Last night I had an interview with someone so inspiring. I met someone who reconfirmed perseverance does pay. There is a reward for staying focused. Sometimes (most times) sacrifices must be made, but sacrifices are the necessary element that it takes to make dreams come true. And right now, that's what I'm all about. Making my dreams come true.

I'm not a big believer in coincidences; however, I am a big believer in all things happening for a reason. Perhaps initially the lesson or reasons can't be seen for the things that are happening, but if you really stop to think about it, it is usually revealed eventually. Last night was confirmation for me that pursuing my dreams of being the ultimate literay hustler is what I am supposed to be doing. The feeling that comes from fully realizing a destiny is overwhelming. It lets me know that God, family, and friends are right when they tell me I can make it. When they tell me I have a talent and gift for words that should be shared. All of what I do, what I dream, and what I am to be is meant to be. I know it because the more I do what I love, the more I am rewarded. Even in discouraging moments, something lets me know, don't stop. Don't stop. Keep going. Its going to happen. When you are doing what you are meant to be doing, it feels so right. It flows. It dips and rises, but it still feels right as if it were predestined. That's where I am right now. I'm following my destiny. Finally. Don't knock my hustle.

Its takes faith to follow a destiny. Support, love, and encouragement are also in the mix, but faith is the biggest for me. I couldn't do this without the love and support of my #1 muse. I couldn't do it without the love and support I get from my Mom, Dad, Imani, Reg, Kiki, George, Tom, Gwyn, Mic, Shelly, Lakisha, and Steph D. They have been my biggest cheerleaders and for that I am truly thankful. Its my time and I'm going for it full force. The great thing about this pursuit is the inspirations just keep coming. Special thanks and shout out to Uncle O from Power 99. Through my brief conversation with you last night, you helped to confirm that dreams do AND can come true. Thanks my brother. I hope we can work together in the future. I have a feeling we will.

Are you doing what you love? Are you fulfilling your destiny? Have you found your passion? Not sure? Take a look at your life and ask yourself this. Do you wake up ready to do that thing that you love every day? Could you do it with no pay? Or do you wake up wanting to call in sick and dream about what you should be doing? Dreams can come true. You just gotta make it happen.

I'm almost done with my short and I'm so happy I went with my gut on this one. The words are just flowing and my muse is loving it. In the next few weeks, be on the lookout for my interviews with Eric Roberson and Uncle O. Check out his CD, The Uncle O All Stars or pick it up at your local Best Buy. I'm also in negotiations for a big deal with a label to do some work and that's pretty exciting. I'm back to the day job on Monday. I ain't too mad about it because a sista does have bills to pay. But I know the day job isn't the dream career. So while I'm G.O.O.D. (Thanks for the acronym Kanye) I'm doing what I gotta do. Are you? Go for it. Your life is calling.

1 comment:

ChampagneBlogs said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog... Yes,I agree with "what's good".... this past weekend I was thinking about my dreams and the procrastinations and many excuses I've made about why how and what I haven't done... I'm on the road now to recovery from myself and my own roadblocks... reading your email just shows me how important it really is to celebrate growth!