Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ready or Not


Today is the day. I finally decided to start my blog. Its been in my mind to do for a while, but I finally woke up this morning and said today. I wasn't sure I wanted to share my personal experiences as far as my life or writing were concerned, but then I said to myself, "Why not?" I'm in control of what I post, so its all on me. In my everyday life, I could probably be considered a private person. Now its time for me to break out of my shell. I'm coming out. I want the world to know. Gotta let it show. That's a quote from Diana Ross, but you get the idea.

What kind of stuff will you find on this blog? Mostly things about my life as a freelance writer. Mostly. But it might be about something interesting I've read, seen, or heard. Could be about a reject letter I got for an idea I pitched. It may be about utter nonsense. Ya never know.

Although I've been writing for years, I decided a while back to give this freelance thing my all. Since I have, one of the biggest things I've learned is the hustle involved does not stop. Its all about networking and hard work. And I'm loving every minute of it. I'm an artist doing what I love to do-writing. And that in itself is a new feeling for me. I'm actually doing something I love. Thanks to everyone who keeps me motivated and encouraged--fam, friends, and a special shout out to my editor/cyber motivator Jake over at allhiphop.com. Like L-Boogie said, ready or not, here I come.

Over n Out

6 comments:

loverton said...

Looking forward to hearing about the adventures of Tla writes.......

ChampagneBlogs said...

Alright Ms. Ta-nee-sha, do your thing! I'll be checkin gout tlawrites in the near future! Love the pic.. tee hee

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read your stuff!
I hadn't heard about the Jena 6 at all! Crazy what goes on right under our noses. It's good to know someone is watching and spreading the word.

Thanks T!!

Anonymous said...

I'LL BE WAITING,I KEEP ME POSTED ON THE RELEASE DATE

Onehipmama said...

Wonderful! As you know I am so very proud of you and excited to know I can read your words now on a blog. Keep doin your thing!

Shelly...onehipmama(my new blog name)

Christine said...

Wonderful! As you know I am so very proud of you and excited to know I can read your words now on a blog. Keep doin your thing! Shelly...onehipmama(my new blog name)