Thursday, August 16, 2007

Spread Love


I finally thought of the names for the main characters of this new short-short I'm working on. Well actually I didn't think of the names alone. I always troubleshoot with my muse and he definitely helped. Thanks babes. When I'm done, I'm going to enter it in a contest and see what happens.

This morning I checked my usual sites I visit and came across an interesting little interview. It was about a man who traveled across the U.S. with only $5 a day and had to depend on the kindness of strangers. He couldn't ask or beg for more money either. I wish had that cable channel so I could actually see the reactions of people he may have encountered. Especially people in NY. Nothing against New Yorkers (Love ya Reg!) but their collective reputation for kindness died down after 9/11. Although tragedy (unfortunately) makes people kinder, I just wish it would last sometimes. New Orleans anyone? Darfur? Jena 6? You get my drift.

Speaking of kind, Foxy Brown ain't been too kind lately. After reading this, I was like daaaaaaaaaamn Foxy, why so angry? Spitting on folks and beating people amongst the head with Blackberries isn't very kind. (Or nice, or sane for that matter) I know it must be hard living the celebrity life 24/7, but come on! Don't you know all eyes are on you? (The Hip Hop Police is real people!) Sad. Just goes to show that having the latest Louis Vuitton metallic doesn't equal happiness. Pray for Foxy ya'll. Prayer works.

Finally had a chance to catch up with one of my best sistergirfriends today. Its always good to talk to her no matter the topic. We go way back and just being able to talk with no agenda is relaxing. I admire her drive as she balances a demanding job in real estate, being a mother of a three and one year old, and wife all while waiting on the arrival of her third child. Women are the queens of multi-tasking. Don't you agree?

I did some follow up emails today with some replies I got from some ads I placed looking for freelance work last week. I placed a few more ads today. I got some good (good meaning money was discussed) responses last time, so hopefully it can happen again. I have a couple of interviews still waiting to be scheduled and as soon as I lock them down, I'll be sure to share. I chose 2007 as my year to earn more than I ever have for my writing. I still have 136 more days to make it happen so wish me luck.

Time to get back to my short. I would love to post it after I am done, but I can't. First publication rights need to go to the contest sponsor, blah blah, but as soon as its over, you know I got you.

RIP-Max Roach

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ChampagneBlogs said...

I feel inspired to work more diligently toward writing. uh the survey says New york is most kind! lol.. live on $5 a day.. hmmmm all you be able to do is eat.... I could do it...lol.. Burger King/McD's and White Castle says I can, rent and other expenses would be a problem.

My cop friend called me whenthey brought her into the station, he said she looked a hot mess and is pregnant. Anger Management! Maybe she and Naomi need to be left in a room together and see who folds first on throwing their phones at one another.

Love and Peace

Anonymous said...

NICE PICTURE.I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL,I'VE READ YOUR WORK IT'S ALWAYS VERY GOOD.